India e-Business Visa
Indian e-Business Visa Overview
The process of obtaining an Indian e business visa has slowly become easier and more straightforward compared to a few years ago. This is solely because of the introduction of e-visas in the country, which were split into different categories in 2017. The Indian e-business visa is one of these categories and has a high demand annually. Essentially, the Indian e-business visa is a double entry visa that allows you to engage in only business activities while in the country. The Indian e-business visa is valid for 180 days starting from your first day in the country.
Thanks to the electronic visa system, you can process your visa in different locations digitally. Hence, you do not need a physical stamp on your passport. Once your application is successful, you will be sent a PDF copy of your visa to your valid email address. You can then proceed to print this out. Also, you can now apply 120 days before your arrival date. Prior to this development, buyers could only process their visas 30 days before their expected arrival date. Your visa will be valid for a year when the process is complete.
Indian Business Visa Requirements
The following are the Indian visa documents required before you begin to apply for your Indian e-business visa;
- A Passport: You need to clearly scan your passport and upload it in either a JPG, PNG, or PDF format. This scanned passport photo should not be more than 3MB.
- A business card, visiting card, or a letter from your workplace stating the purpose of your trip to India.
- A passport sized photograph taken with a white background. Also, it needs to be a maximum of 3MB in size to prevent any issues while uploading.
Indian Business Visa Application Process (How to Apply)
The process of applying for an e-business visa in India is very straightforward and easy. All you need to do is follow the next set of steps;
- Visit Indian evisa website and click on "Indian visa application form"
- Upload the required documents; passport, Indian visa photo , business card/invitation letter/ company's signature, etc.
- Pay for your Indian e Visa using your preferred payment method.
- Receive your ETA in your mail (This takes about 3-5 days).
Indian Business Visa Fees
To complete the process of your application, you are required to pay India e visa fees. For the Indian e-Business visa, you need to pay a visa service fee and the Indian government e-visa fee. The visa service fee is required to process your e-visa and varies; the fee for an e-business visa is $45. The Indian government e-visa fee is usually dependent on the country and type of visa. It can be as low as $10 and as high as $100.
You can pay for these fees using different payment methods such as;
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Pre-Paid credit card or gift card displaying the Visa or MasterCard.
- Debit Cards displaying the Visa or MasterCard.
- PayPal, Safe & Secure Express Check Out
N/B: The fees charged are non-refundable, so it is important for you to ensure your application information is accurate. If you have to start the process again, you will be charged again.
ETA / VOA / e-Visa Eligible Countries
The Indian government has made over 166 countries eligible for an e-visa. You can check for the full list of countries eligible for an Indian e-business visa.
Authorized Ports of Entry, Ports of Exit
Using an e-visa requires you to know the legal airports and seaports that accept e-visas. There are 28 airports and 5 seaports that accept e-visas and will allow you entry into the country.
The airports are:
You can also gain entry into India with an e-business visa 5 major Indian seaports for cruise tourists:
You can get an exit from the authorized immigration check post closest to you.
Land Immigration Check Points
Rail Immigration Check Points
Covid-19 Measures- Public Health and Passenger locator form
As a result of the ongoing pandemic, there are a few rules to ensure the safety of all passengers that have been put in place. The Indian government requests incoming international visitors to present a self declaration form at entry points. This form proves that you have no respiratory diseases and are fit to travel.
You will also be required to undergo thermal screening and a 14 day quarantine: 7 days in an institution paid by you and 7 days at home. Also, you will need to fill a passenger locator form online 24 hours before your arrival. This will enable the authorities get across to you if it is required.
Cruise Ship Passengers Requirements
Whether you're a tourist or visiting for business and you decide to use a cruise ship, there are a few requirements you need to have;
- A valid passport.
- A passport photograph that meets the specifications, which you can confirm online.
- Accurate and complete details about your trip.
You do not need to visit a physical embassy, as you can process it online.
Frequently Asked Questions:
To apply for an Indian e-Business card, you need;
- A digital copy of the bio page of your valid passport.
- A passport photograph (PDF, PNG, or JPG format).
- A copy of your business card (PDF format).
- A credit/debit card, PayPal account, or any other valid payment methods to process the payment of fees.
The Indian e-Business visa is valid for 365 days from the day you were granted ETA. Essentially, the rules of using the Indian e-Business visa were updated by the government on the 18th of March, 2019. As a result, business tourists can now have multiple entries using their e-business visas.
The cost of an e-Business visa usually depends on the processing duration. There are 3 options you can choose from
- Standard: $157.50 (5 days)
- Rush: $187.50 (3 days)
- Super Rush: $222.50 (2 days)
All of these prices includes the service fees.