Indian Medical Attendant Visa
Healthcare is a thriving industry in India. The country offers world-class yet affordable healthcare facilities. It is among the world's best countries for top quality medical care for deadly diseases.
Patients not just from developing countries but from developed countries regularly visit India to seek affordable medical treatment because of the availability of advanced technology, state-of-the-art equipment, and skilled professionals. These are facilities that are usually unavailable in third world countries, and extremely expensive in developed nations.
For health conditions that require specialized treatment, India is the ideal destination to visit. From healthcare to accommodation and living expenses, India is the most affordable country in every aspect.
However, for sickly patients, travelling alone could be a big issue. To tackle this problem, the Indian government offers the facility of applying for a Medical Attendant Visa. This visa allows the patient's relatives to accompany them and stay until the patient remains in India. If you want to apply for an Indian Medical Attendant Visa, here are all the details you may need to know.
What is the medical attendant visa?
It is a subcategory of the Indian Medical eVisa. The visa is issued online only to the family members or immediate relatives of a patient who is to receive medical treatment in India. The visa is only granted to the blood relatives of the patient and must stay with the patient until the treatment is complete. Another essential requirement of the medical attendant visa is that the patient must hold an e-Medical visa; otherwise, the attendant cannot apply for this visa. Medical Attendant Visa is granted to up to two individuals. It is a non-extendable visa, and once granted, it will be valid for up to 60 days.
- The applicant can easily apply online for the visa. However, to obtain this visa, there are specific eligibility criteria that the applicant must fulfil. Presented below is an overview of the visa requirements:
- Applicants must hold a valid passport. The passport must have at least 6 months of validity left from the date of the applicant's arrival in India.
- The patient whom the applicant intends to accompany must have a valid e-Medical visa.
- No more than 2 family members can apply for the visa.
- The applicant must be the patient's blood relative.
- Minors cannot apply for this visa.
- This visa is valid for one individual only. Applicants cannot include their children when applying.
- The applicant must compulsorily hold the nationality of a country that qualifies for
Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa.
Check out which countries are eligible to apply for Indian Medical Attendant Visa here.
How does the Medical attendant visa work?
Interested candidates should apply 1 week or at least 4 days before their date of arrival in India. Usually, it doesn't take long for the visa to be processed but to avoid unnecessary delays, it is better to apply in advance as sometimes it may take longer due to high volume of applications. The validity period for e-Medical visa and e-Medical attendant visa will be the same.
To apply for Indian Medical Attendant Visa, travellers need to complete a visa application form. The form is available online on this website. It is a simple form that doesn't take more than 10 minutes to complete. In the form, the applicant will provide a few vital details, including full name, home address, date of birth, place of birth, phone number, email address, and occupation, etc. Also, the traveller will provide passport data such as passport number, issue date and expiry date. All applicants will answer several security-related questions to complete the visa application.
The next step is uploading supporting documents. All applicants need to provide specific supporting documents with their visa application, the details of which are mentioned above. The last step is paying the visa fees. After the payment is received, the visa processing starts immediately. Once approved, the visa is delivered directly to the email address of the applicant.
- Travellers must possess sufficient funds to support their stay in India.
- They should have proof of a return or onward ticket while applying for the visa.
- The candidate will upload a scan of the biography page of their passport. Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must mandatorily have 2 blank pages. Upon your arrival, the border control or immigration authorities for placing entry/exit stamps.
- The traveller will attach a scan of their recent, coloured passport-style photograph.
- The image must be 2" x2" in dimensions and no more than 10MB in size.
The e-Medical attendant visa, once approved, will be valid for two months or 60 days. The visa validity will start from the day you enter India. Foreign travellers can apply for this visa for a maximum of three times in a calendar year. Still, every time they can only visit to accompany an e-Medical visa holder who needs to undergo medical treatment in India.
- Make sure to upload digital copies of supporting documents in the right format and size; otherwise, you will find it difficult to attach them.
- You must fill in details accurately in the visa application form. A slight difference between your name's spelling on the passport and the visa form will result in delaying the visa processing, and your application may even get rejected.
- After receiving the visa approval, the first thing you should do is take a print of the visa. Please keep a hard copy and soft copy of the e-Medical attendant visa with you throughout your stay in India, from the time of arrival to departure.
- Bring the same passport, which you used to apply for the visa, when travelling to India along with other supporting documents, including proof of funds and onward/return ticket.
- After the check-in process is complete, follow the E-Visa sign that will lead you to the immigration officer who will stamp your e-visa on a blank page in your passport after performing necessary verification.
- It is a Triple entry visa. The traveller can enter three times within the validity period of the visa.
- Medical attendant visa holders cannot work in India.
- Since this is a non-extendable visa, do not stay for more than 60 days on a single visit.
Medical Attendant Visa Cost:
The visa cost will depend upon the processing time of the visa. You can choose between three options.
- Standard: Visa costs ($).
- Issued within () days.
- Rush: Visa costs ($).
- Issued within () days.
- Super Rush: Visa costs ($).
- Issued within () days.
You can easily make the payment online using your debit/credit card or PayPal account. We accept payments from American Express, MasterCard, and Visa.
Typically, an e-Medical attendant visa is issued within 1 to 3 working days. However, there may be situations when travellers cannot wait for so long to obtain travel authorization from the authorities. In such a scenario, we offer the facility of applying for an urgent visa. The application process for an urgent visa is the same as for the regular visa. You only need to select the right category of visa before starting to fill out the visa application form. The visa cost will be slightly higher than a regular visa, and you will receive it within (24) to (72) days/hours. It is the most convenient way to obtain travel permit without any hassle when you have limited time left in your travel.